Wednesday, March 11, 2009

thanks to you

my pacific sky's on fire,
it's blazing up into the sun,
kaleidoscoping red on everyone.
I'm stronger than I used to be,
finally getting up off my knees.
shedding every malignant memory,
new garbage still holes up in black spaces
and every hour I learn to loosen myself of limits
and society's brick wall of imaginary lines.
I sometimes contradict my strengths
as I wipe my face of reluctant tears
and know I am breaking the limit as
I think of the culture shock of aloneness
and safety nets broken.
I've come full circle in thoughts
andthe warmth in your hello
does much to redeem the day.
my shapeshifting womanly moods
take on the form of gratitude
as I brush briefly against the
solidity of our relationship,
newly established and easily defined.
the realization sinks in:
I can feel the ragged fibers of my heart
and mind beginning to knit and heal.
thanks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment